Report Gran Turismo 6 from Gamesweek

for International users

« Older   Newer »

1. Aelx
        +1   -1

User deleted

games-week-prevendite

Last friday I went to Gamesweek, typical Italian Videogames expo, as a blogger of gtclubitalia.com.
    I got the chance to try a GT6 demo version using 2 kind of steering wheels: Logitec Driving Force GT and Thrustmaster T500 RS, both official Wheels of Gran Turismo Series.

In order to have improvements right on my hands and my eyes since the first gameplay, for the first 40 minutes session I choosed Silverstone Circuit, a well known track thanks to European GTAcademy 2013 driving a BMW Z4 GT3 '02.

To be honest, during this session, I didn't obtained what I hoped because of the T500 RS. Unlike DFGT and G27 steering wheels (I got both of them) the Thrustmaster one has 1080 degrees steering angle instead of 900 and this value can't be reduced in GT5 and GT6. So, my first session didn't show me any improvment but helped me to feel more comfortable with this new driver's seat.

Finished the first one, my second session lasted 40 minutes again on Silverstone, in a Z4 using driver's seat with T500 rs. Impressions began to change, lap timing started to reduce, the feeling with the T500 rs increased lap by lap and physics improvements from GT5 were sensing in my hands.

Third session placed as the 1st and the 2nd ones, lasted just 15 minutes with DFGT, this steering wheel gave me more feeling than the Thrustmaster one. The training on GT6 was only at the beginning...

Fourth session, as the three session before again on Silverstone in a BMW Z4, with DFGT but this time without ABS aid. I was able to get the best from physic engine, pushing my driving skills to the limit. I could control the car with greater security and sometimes I went off the apex just to brake at the maximum level without blocking tires.
    Related video of this session.

Graphics: you can see good improvements in GT6 from GT5: clean textures, realistic lights, curb and corners more detailed (ex. first corner in Suzuka Circuit). In the demo there were just 6 cars on track and framerate wasn't stable at 60fps, as you can see in the previous video.

Sound: thanks to my sound grabbing from TV, you can note that no improvements were introduced in GT6, plus on Nissan Deltawing was placed a "temporary" sound, that Polyphony Digital will replace before GT6 release.

Opponents Ai: good improvement here, with CPU drivers smarter and a little more aggressive. In a race with GT3 cars and unknown tracks, it was hard to stay ahead of my opponents. Because of the fact that was a GT6 demo, I noticed some mistakes of AI to stay on the car following the correct path, but I hope this will be corrected before the release of the game

Physics: new suspension physics shows its best when you are at adherence limit, feeling with the car is better in rough conditions and the game involves more than before the player. During a brake or accelerating you can feel more than before the weight shift on every tire.
    To confirm the last sentence, I tried to have the same corner with the same FR car in two different ways:
    1) braking before the corner and accelerating during the corner
    2) braking in the corner and accelerating after the corner

In case 1 front tires got less grip (understeer) and the car were inclined to go out of trajectory
    In case 2 no more understeer and better traction on outgoing the corner, but less velocity.

So cars get significant different reaction from different handlings and in "new" circuits from the series (as Matterhorn) this new feature is much more enhanced than in "old" circuits.
    Related video of last sentence.

Force Feedback: no improvements. Even if in "new" circuits in can see bumps, on the wheel you can't feel no vibrations or counter steer. It's a pity, because cars follow that irregolarities in a realistic way.

Aerodinamics: great improvements. Using slipstream from my ahead opponents I got less increase of velocity, and that was more realistic than in GT5. It will be very difficult to overtake an opponent just with slipstream on long straights and you had to be more clever to elaborate a good overtake.

Contacts between cars: the best improvement in GT6 from GT5 are here. Cars have lost the rebound effect and they keep his handling in a more realistic way than ever in the series. According to car weight and aerodinamics, every single car has different reactions after a collision.

Related videos of last sentence.

fa3aef75f391cef25f7364fed1542e4d

With GT6 Polyphony Digital has improved every GT5 defects and gaps from competitors. Cars now doesn't affect the rebound effect, great news for Online Racing. Aerodinamics has significantly improved, it isn't no more easy to overtake an opponent just thanks to slipstream. Physics is more enjoyable and realistic. Sound and Force Feedback are still to be improved and analized.
    Hoping for GT6 servers that can offer great driving experience with new physics and aerodinamics, avoiding lag troubles and unexpected logouts.

Expectations for this game are more positive than negative and I'm sure that GT6 must be a masterpiece in every collection of a Ps3 gamer who loves driving games.

Here a Playlist of all videos from Gamesweek

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4qz...TgDBWjoWywiZO70

tnx to Mamilo for translation

Edited by Aelx - 15/11/2013, 13:16

0 replies since 4/11/2013, 17:51   458 views